- About Library
- Mission & Vision
- Special Features
- Rules & Regulations
- Useful Downloads
Information is an essential input to national development. The modern library has great responsibility in harnessing and utilization of information. The library and information centers strive for high quality of library services which emphasis the actual delivery of information rather than actual delivery of documents for meeting their generic as well as specific needs of the users.
The CGPIT library consists of vast variety of materials (Books, Magazines, Journals, Seminar reports etc.) which support the teaching, research and extension programs of the Institute. All students, faculty members of the institute are entitled to make use of the library facilities on taking library membership. The library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various divisions.
Library serves as a resource center and aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge.
Library aims to be best among engineering college libraries among all the Universities of Gujarat State. Library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of Knowledge. Here mentioned the services provided by Library.
Aim of our library is to fulfil every possible need of students as well as faculties. To fulfil this requirement, our library functions during 8:45AM to 5:30PM on weekdays. Special facilities are given to students during their examinations by functioning 8:45AM to 5:30PM.
The library is mainly for the use of faculty, students and supporting staff of the institution. They can borrow books and reference books as per the library rules.
|Members||Books||Loan period||Late fee|
|Principal/ Director/ HOD||15||180 days||--|
|Prof./ Asso. Prof/Asst. Prof./Teachers||10||180 days||3/- per day per book|
|Other staff||05||180 days||3/- per day per book|
|B.Tech Students||03||15 days||10/- per day per book|
|M.Tech Students||03||15 days||10/- per day per book|
|Close Circuit TV Camera||1|
New Arrivals Display
All new books are displayed on the new arrival rack. The list of new arrival books is also displayed in the library notice board.
Book Bank Facility
Book Bank with a collection of books is functioning for students as 1250 rupees per semester for UG and PG students.
Our library provides the facility of photocopying with the minimum of the rates for students.
|4||Bound Volumes of Periodicals||204|
|7||Total No. of CDs||2931|
|8||M.Tech Dissertation Reports||129|
|9||B.Tech Project Reports||185|
|10||Personal Computer with Internet facility||28|
Gale Databases (IEST Database)
(Click here to access Infotrac Service)
Our staff and students are also given password based access by gale Cengage Learning. This IEST (Infotrac Engineering Science and technology) Collection features the best selection of more than 1150 journals covering various streams of engineering technology and allied sciences which is best for studying new innovation and scientific approaches.
(Click here to access DELNET Service)
Online Public Access Catalogue
(Click here to access OPAC)
|Sr. No.||Photo||Library Staff Details|
Rules & Regulations
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Bags, Big hand bags and files are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- No reader shall take any printed materials inside the library. The readers are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the library.
- Borrowed library materials are strictly prohibited to take the same again inside the library
- The counter shall be closed 15 minutes before the closing of the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the students only after surrendering the student's borrower tickets.
- If any books is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall pay double the cost of the book.
- Books will be issued subject to availability.
- Any kind of marking, underlying, clipping of books is absolutely for bidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books. Under special circumstances, the librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any book issued against his/her original or duplicate library borrower's ticket.
- Reference books, Newspapers and Magazines/ journals will not be issued to the students.